Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/eisai/web/eisai.webx.site/public_html/wp-content/themes/eisai-child/shortcode/sidebar.php on line 8
Corporate Responsibility & Compliance
Ethics and Compliance Program
Our ethics and compliance program are founded on Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission: “We give our first thought to the patients and their families and to increasing the benefit health care provides.” It is fundamental to our mission of being an hhc company that we comply with all laws that govern our businesses. It is an integral part of the hhc ideal that we achieve our corporate goals and implement our corporate mission on the basis of such compliance, and in accordance with the highest level of integrity, when our actions may affect the lives and health of many people. Eisai’s reputation – for integrity, honesty, fairness, candor, and respect in all of its business dealings – is directly attributable to the highest ethical conduct of its directors, officers and employees.
As a statement of our commitment to ethics and compliance, Eisai has established a Charter of Business Conduct for all its affiliates throughout the world.
The responsibilities and activities of the Corporate Ethics and Compliance Department include the following:
- Continuing evaluation and identification of risks, in consultation with the Compliance Committee and other departments in the company.
- Training, education and guidance, in conjunction with other departments, regarding risk areas, policies and procedures, including compliance orientation training for all newly hired employees.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective lines of communication, inquiry and opportunity to raise concerns. In this regard, in addition to other avenues of communication, we have established a Compliance Helpline (800-467-1391), which is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where employees may raise issues anonymously, and without fear of retribution or retaliation. This resource is available to any employee with compliance- or ethics-related questions or who wishes to report in good faith a suspected violation.
- In coordination with the Internal Audit department, monitoring and auditing of policies, activities, risk areas and other compliance-related issues.
- Ensuring appropriate consequences in the event of violations of law, policy and/or procedures, in consultation with other departments throughout the company, including the Legal and Human Resources departments.
- Responding promptly and effectively to detected problems and compliance-related inquiries.